Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lots of Stuff

Wow, a lot of stuff has been happening in my life. I moved out of my parents house the first week of April. It has been great. I live with two super awesome girls in my ward named Lindsey and Rachel, and for the first time in my life I'm having a good roommate experience. So that is super happy, good news.
Julia and I graduated on May 1. So I officially have my master's degree. CRAZY! I never thought I'd do that, but here I am. We were really stupid and went to a midnight showing of Wolverine the night before. Then we had to get up early for the commencement. When we finally got home that afternoon, we got ready for our big graduation party. Our party went till about 3 am, so by the end of it all we were BEAT, but it was tons of fun. Here are a couple of pictures of the day.

This is our High School Musical one.

Last Tuesday I went to the Keane concert and it was AWESOME! I'm totally in love with Tom Chaplin, except I miss his longer hair. They opened the concert with "The Lovers Are Losing" which is a FABULOUS song, it might be my favorite from Perfect Symmetry. The ended with "Bedshaped" which is also a song I LOVE. But let's be honest, if Keane sings it, I love it. They are definitely my second favorite band (they are in a very close second behind Hanson, but Hanson has stood the test of time). They sang a good mix of songs from all three albums. The crowd was great and sang along to every song. I was hoping they would do a cover, because I love their covers, but they didn't. Here's a picture of Tom singing his solo.

It's a little blurry, but oh well. I wanted to yell to him "I want to be your microphone" but I didn't. If we had been a little closer I totally would have.
Here's a couple more pics from the show.



Tim and Rich are super hot too, but the picture with Tim is really dark so you can't really see him. It was a fabulous night, and at the end of it Heather had totally lost her voice. I was fine, but years ago Ju and I decided we must just know how to yell without losing our voices. It isn't for lack of trying, many a Backstreet Boys concert we had a goal of losing our voices by the end of it, but we were never able to succeed. I seriously LOVE going to concerts of bands I LOVE. Few things make me happier.

1 comment:

Scott and Shay said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I was really bummed that I missed your graduation party, but I'm glad I got to go to dinner and catch up with you girls!