Last week I had a couple of second interviews with two firms I'd really like to work for. I'm just praying I get an offer from one of them. Oh well, if I don't I guess I'll just have to look for a firm outside of Utah to work for. (I think Dallas would be a good place to go, don't you agree Lance and Rach?) In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on school.
School is hard but good. Last week was super stressful because I had three tests and a oral presentation. This week has been much more calm. I was kind of thinking I might want to go to law school when I'm done, but then I did a research project for my tax research class and I'm not sure I'd like being a lawyer. I'm highly considering getting into politics though. Hopefully if more good people get involved we can turn our country around.
Now for my political ranting. Lately, as everyone has been so focused on the economy and the presidential election, I've been really thinking about what my own political views are and have been reading up on things so that I'm more informed. I've decided that I really wish Ron Paul were on the ballot this year. But as he is not, and I can't in good conscience vote for McCain or Obama, I will be voting for a 3rd party candidate. I think the lesser of two evils is still evil. Wasting your vote is voting for someone you don't like or agree with. Both McCain and Obama have a socialistic agenda, and that is NOT what we need as a country and in our economy. Capitalism is not to blame for our problems, because the government has been getting in the way of capitalism for years. Anyway, I'm sick of it all, and the only way things will turn around is if good people start getting involved. So all of you who don't like either of the mainstream candidates, check out the other candidates, and vote for the person you really think shares your views.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Question though. If you don't vote for the lesser of the two evils, doesn't that give the greater of the two more power? I mean, wouldn't you want someone you agreed with to some degree (who might actually have a chance at getting elected) rather than someone who you don't agree with an all.
I agree with Elizabeth on the political view... ANYTHING in the white house is better than Obama!
We also agree that Dallas might have some nice choices for jobs... get ready for a change in climate and different culture :)
Post a Comment