So this blog is totally a week late, but oh well. Last Saturday (Nov 8) Ju, Heather, Jessica, Christie and I all went to a Matt Nathanson concert. Thankfully Heather remembered her camera, so we have pictures (and a little bit of video). Can I just say he is soooooooo funny! And I love his music and he is totally HOT! Basically you get comedy, music and eye candy in one show. Wow it's fun! So I have a little video clip of one of the funniest parts of the concert. To preface it, Matt has a song called "Princess" that he fully admits he stole the cord changes from "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfeild. Here is a small clip of "Princess"(I had to make it a video for it to work) So in the middle of singing "Princess" he goes into "Jessie's Girl" and when everyone isn't singing along, he stops the song, and asks what terrible things happened in our childhood. Then he says we all better sing along and he starts at the beginning of "Jessie's Girl" and everyone does sing along. Later in the concert someone yelled out something and Matt heard "ghost busters." So he starts going off on that, and he realizes that "Ghost Busters" is totally the same song as "I Want a New Drug" by Huey Lewis. It was soooooo funny to see the look on his face when he came to that realization. So he asks his band mate, Aaron, if there was a lawsuit, and Aaron told him that there was. Matt was like "What was the outcome? They should have been taken to the cleaners!" and Aaron said "There was a settlement of sorts." So Matt was then like "Do you know what else is the same song? 'Living on a Prayer' and 'Heaven is a Place on Earth.'" He starts singing "Living on a Prayer" and at this point Heather realizes she should maybe try out the video feature on her camera. So here's what we got. (I know it's small and you can barely see it, but it's still funny.)
I had to flip the video, so the quality isn't great, and I tried to edit cuss word, and I didn't do a great job. If you didn't understand he said at the end, he said "Rick Springfield doesn't have *@#% on me." It was great. Another favorite moment was when someone yelled out "Come On Get Higher" and Matt was like "No need to yell for that song. You will not be disappointed. Some things are sure in life. You are going to die, you are going to pay taxes, and you are going to hear that song before the end of tonight." It was also funny right before the last song and he was like "Well this is our last song before we leave the stage, then you all cheer really loud and we come back out and play the two songs we were going to play for you anyway. I feel like that's how this works. It's like the contract we have." We all laughed. At another point in the concert he was trying the introduce the song he was going to sing, and people kept yelling out songs. Here is a little clip of what happened then. (Again, I had to flip the video and stuff, and it's really small, but it's all about the audio anyway.)
So yeah, it was a GREAT night. Many of you will be shocked about what I'm about to say, but it was even better than a Hanson concert.
1 comment:
Hey Adria! Cute blog...it looks like the concert was fun!
Post a Comment