Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend and the reason it is a good thing I'm not a mother

So for Thanksgiving Jen and Scott came with the boys from Colorado. They had Thanksgiving Dinner with Scott's fam but later that night we made gingerbread (gram cracker really) houses. Well I was helping Matthew and really he was just eating candy while I tried to build the house. He did help a little bit, and I didn't do anything without consulting him first. (Really how much is a 2-year-old going to argue?)One of the funniest things that happened was when we were trying to build a pretzel fence, the one Matthew was holding up fell over and he was like "oh shoot" and it made me laugh because I think I had already said that a few times. The other funny thing was when we were putting Hershey's Kisses on an Matthew unwrapped one then told me if we put it on the house it would look ugly so he needed to eat it (he had already had WAY too much candy and I had been trying to keep him from eating anymore). How I love my boys! Here are a few pictures from the occasion.


This is everyone hard at work. Scott made a tepee and Luke made an outhouse. So creative!


Finished products (except for Ian's, he was having a hard time getting a hold of the frosting)


Luke's finished product (with a Cinnamon Santa coming out of the outhouse)


Ian's finished product (I love Santa on the roof putting up Christmas lights)

On Saturday Julia had to go on a field trip for her Utah geography class, so we decided to take the boys to Dinosaur Park in Ogden. When we got there the boys were totally scared. The worst was the robotic dinosaurs that they wouldn't even look at. It took a while, but we finally convinced them that the dinosaurs aren't scary because they are just statues. So they are finally starting to enjoy themselves, and Rach was carrying Matthew when his diaper leaked all over her. Well thankfully it was just wet, and it only got on Rach's jacket, but we didn't have a spare pair of pants for Matthew. Well we really weren't ready to go home, so we wrapped Matthew in a blanket that was in the van. Well, it was a big blanket, and we had to take turns carrying him. Let's just say he was a lot heavier in the blanket. I think both boys had fun, but when we got home and Matthew was just tired, he was telling Jen a about his pants getting wet and how he had to have the blanket around him like it was a very traumatic experience. All three of us girls (me, Ju and Rach) decided it's a good thing we aren't mother's yet, and we learned a lesson to ALWAYS have spare clothes. Here are some of the pictures from Dinosaur Park.


It took a minute to get Spencer to sit on the dinosaur, and we weren't at all successful with Matthew.


We did get him on this one though (this was right before the wet pants problem)


This one just makes me laugh (I love my Spence)


Matthew digging for dino bones with the big blanket wrapped around him (poor kid)


"World's most dangerous creatures" Oooooooooooh I'm so scared!!!! Especially of the short one.


Rach and Spence about to be eaten by a dinosaur. I saved them just in time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Guess what? You get to practice being mothers all over again this Christmas... here come Beth and Izzy... I'll make sure we have plenty of diapers :)

Scott and Shay said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I miss you guys soooo much. Keep posting so I know what's going on with you!

Check out my blog...
www.scottandshay.blogspot.com